Friends asking Friends
Here are a few suggestions to help you get started or spark ideas for your own original Habitat for Humanity fundraiser.
- Re-connect with your fellow team members by joining forces on a fundraising campaign.
- Raise funds by holding a special event. This could include a bike-athon, walk-athon, local penny drive, charity formal, bake sale, car wash - let your imagination loose!
- In lieu of a gift for special occasions like weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, a dinner party - any occasion! Ask your friends and family to send a donation to Friends of Global Village. Set up your webpage to help raise awareness and support your request.
- If you are not taking part in a Global Village build this year, reach out to the folks who supported you on your last trip and ask them to become a Friend of Global Village.
To help you get started, Habitat for Humanity will provide easy-to-use online tools for building a personal fundraising page. Your webpage will help you promote your fundraiser and keep family, friends and any other visitors to your page involved every step of the way.
Here's what you can do with your fundraising webpage:
- Share the page with friends, family and supporters
- Email your fundraising message and your page
- Track your fundraising results